Face-to-face, Online, Hybrid
What happens when students argue over the internet rather than face-to-face?
Does computer-mediated cooperative learning work the same way as face-to-face?
Do children resolve peer conflicts constructively or destructively?
My research examines the way peers affect motivation, academic achievement, and social behavior.
- Reconsidering Jigsaw social psychology: Longitudinal effects on social interdependence, socio-cognitive conflict regulation, motivation, and achievement.
Journal of Educational Psychology
- Enlisting peer cooperation in the service of alcohol use prevention in middle school.
- Affective profiles and academic success in a college science course.
Contemporary Educational Psychology.
- Top of Mind Radio: Are teachers the best motivators?
- MSU Today: Peers, More Than Teachers, Inspire Us to Learn
- Outstanding Contributions to Cooperative Learning Award
- Cadavers Beat Computers
- Best-in-Track Award