Doctoral education involves developing your own research interests. It’s also a specific requirement of this course (i.e., the RDP). As you meet our “Parade of Scholars,” consider the way they:
- Talk about their research interests. Is their approach different than yours?
- Think about “good” research. Where do they think good research questions come from?
- “Think like a researcher.” What does that even mean?
- Offer a critical perspective.
- Talk about the nature of academic reading and writing?
Schedule of Scholars
June 19: Jack Smith @11:30; Jen Schmidt @2:45
June 20: Christine Greenhow @11:30; Rand Spiro @2:45
June 21: John Bell & Robots @11:30; Cindy Okolo @2:45
June 22: John Bell & research @11:30
June 25: Aman Yadav via zoom @11:30; Emily Boucke via Zoom @2:45
June 26: Eunsoo Cho @11:30; Doug Hartman @2:45
June 27: 2016 Cohort 2 @11:30am; Lisa Linnenbrink-Garcia @2:45
June 28: Ralph Putnam @2:45
Additional scholars may be added.