Doctoral education involves developing your own research interests. It’s also a specific requirement of this course (i.e., the RDP). As you meet our “Parade of Scholars,” consider the way they:
- Talk about their research interests. Is their approach different than yours?
- Think about “good” research. Where do they think good research questions come from?
- “Think like a researcher.” What does that even mean?
- Offer a critical perspective.
- Talk about the nature of academic reading and writing?
Schedule of Scholars
- Tuesday @ 11:30am: Doug Hartman, PhD (MSU Page)
- Tuesday @ 3:00pm: Cindy Okolo, PhD (MSU Page & Personal Wiki)
- Wednesday @ 11:30am: Chin-Hsi Lin, PhD (MSU Page)
- Wednesday @ 3:00pm: Rand Spiro, PhD (MSU Page)
- Thursday @ 11:30am: Ralph Putnam, PhD (MSU Page)
- Thursday @ 3:00pm: Jack Smith, PhD (MSU Page)
- Friday @ 11:30am: Jen Schmidt, PhD (MSU Page)
- Monday @ 11:30am: Lisa Linnenbrink-Garcia, PhD (MSU Page)
- Monday @ 3:00pm: John Bell, PhD (MSU Page & CEPSE Design Studio)
- Tuesday @ 3:00pm: Emily Bouck, PhD (MSU Page)
- Wednesday @ 3pm: Aman Yadav, PhD (MSU Page & Personal Webpage)
- Thursday @ 3pm: Christine Greenhow, PhD (MSU Page & Personal Webpage)
Additional scholars may be added.